Different Using of Do

0


Using English vocabulary
Lesson Five
Different Using of Do
Using Do/did/done


A - Do as auxiliary

Question (Do you like tennis?)
Short answer (Yes, I do.)
Negative (He doesn't play well.)

B - What are you doing?
Do as a general verb

What do you do to relax?
I listen to music
Don't do that, Tommy.
What are the people in the picture doing?
They're dancing.

C - What do you do?

What do you do? (= What is your job?)
I'm a student. or I'm a teacher. or I'm an engineer.
What does your wife do? (= What's your wife's job?)
She's a doctor. or She's a secretary. or She's a mechanic.

D - Do + task

do the housework
do the gardening
do the washing
do the washing-up
do your homework
do some exercises
do business with
do your best
Did you do the washing this morning?
No, I'm going to do it later.
Our company does a lot of business with the USA.
The homework exercise is very difficult - just do your best.
Tip: Make a note of any expressions with do that you find when you are reading in
English.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.